RESA® Has Different Membership Levels
Please read all levels of membership to decide which level you qualify for.
Home Stager Membership (Individual Membership)
Home Stager Membership is $190.00 USD for 1-year membership | This membership is available to anyone who owns a home staging business or an individual who works for a home staging business, or if you are just getting started. This is also available to interior designers and decorators that offer staging.
NOTE: You do not have to be in business for more than a year. You do not have to take any classes or have any designations to join RESA®.
RESA-PRO® Membership and Designation (Individual Membership)
RESA-PRO® Membership and Designation $250.00 USD Annually | 1-year |
The RESA-PRO® designation will give professional stagers additional credibility by providing a higher level of ethics and practices. This membership is available to anyone who owns a home staging business or an individual who works for a home staging business, or if you are just getting started. This is also available to interior designers and decorators that offer staging.
RESA-PRO designees are eligible to:
+ Apply to become a RESA Approved Instructor, teaching the RESA MCE Program to real estate agents.
+ Take part in the Over List Price Club.
The following 6 mandatory requirements must be met
- Must pass the ethics exam. Study material is provided. Open book, online exam.
- Must agree to follow the RESA® Code of Ethics. RESA-PROs are not allowed to use stock photos on their website or marketing materials.
- A minimum of 1-year in business, as a professional home stager (proof by either a Business License, LLC, CORP, or Legal Partnership) *or worked for a RESA-PRO for a minimum of two-years.
- Proof of home staging business insurance
- Business checking account
- A completed profile on the RESA directory
* Documentation of business structure, insurance, business checking account and website and marketing materials must be maintained by your employer.
The RESA® Ethics class and exam is an extremely important factor in raising the bar for the home staging industry. RESA-PRO is the only designation governed and regulated by the Real Estate Staging Association®. RESA® ensures that RESA-PRO™ designees uphold the highest ethical standards possible.
- The RESA-PRO® Ethics Exam is 20 questions.
- You need a minimum score of 80% in order to pass.
- You may refer to the RESA-PRO® Ethics Class PDF file when taking the exam.
- You have 45 minutes to take the exam.
- The class is online and will be emailed to you upon signing up for this membership level.
Current RESA® members may upgrade to RESA-PRO. Email Shell@resa-hq.org to convert your existing membership and test for RESA-PRO®.
Become a RESA PRO
Associate Membership (Individual Membership)
Associate Membership $190.00 USD 1-year of membership. This membership is for any person who is interested in the purposes of RESA but who does not offer staging services, including but not limited to licensed real estate agents, photographers, flooring/furniture vendors, financial services companies, paint companies, insurance industry businesses, educational institutions/providers, and real estate builders, developers, lenders, appraisers, inspectors and title companies.
*Associate membership does not denote a national corporate partnership with RESA. If you want to promote your business to RESA members on a national level contact us at 888-201-8687.
Become a RESA® Associate Member
I placed the RESA® Logo on my portfolio and other marketing materials. A prospective client noticed it and asked about RESA®. I explained. She had liked my portfolio and after knowing that I am a member of RESA®, She closed my book. At the end of our meeting I got the job! I think it confirmed what the pictures of my work told her. I am a professional.
Once you join RESA® you are given immediate access to the website. There are no refunds after you join RESA®.
RESA® does not sell or trade your contact information.
Code of Ethics
takes pride in our memberships Code of Ethics. A strong Code of Ethics not only protects our members, it also protects the consumer. Click to read our Code of Ethics