Residential Renovation Project Manager Program
~NOW OFFERED IN NEW 2 DAY FORMAT~
We have all heard horror stories about someone's disastrous renovation, or watched a DIY renovation show that invariably has the same dismal ending; a major problem was uncovered during the renovation, the homeowner was asked to spend more money, forfeit part of the renovation, live with the consequences or sell their property below market value! Certainly not desirable results. We can change that.
The Residential Renovation Project Manager(RRPM) Certification Program consists of two-3 hour webinar sessions targeted to audiences who:
- Have some experience managing a residential renovation project and want to enhance their education in order to expand their business to include larger residential or commercial projects
- Are home stagers, color consultants, interior designers and/or decorators who, having formed business relationships with their clients, are being asked to manage small and large renovations This course teaches the process from conception to completion
- Are home owners who want to understand the renovation process in order to confidently manage their own renovation; maintaining control over the project, reducing onsite delays and eliminating faulty workmanship
- Have experienced an unsuccessful renovation and are determined to never permit their lack of knowledge to negatively impact future renovations
"A successful renovation is much more than hiring a guy with a crew, a truck and some tools."
The key to success is knowing and managing all the steps in between and being able to understand clients’ needs, keeping within budget and communicating effectively with contractors, trades and suppliers while following the written contract.
Join Debrah Boucher, Certified Staging Professional, Certified Interior Decorator, Founder and President of DB Interiors and former President of the Ottawa Real Estate Investment Organization (OREIO) for this 2 session, 6 hour webinar program as she teaches her Systematic 3 Phase Process, following each component of a renovation project from conception to completion. This program earns you 4 CEC's towards your Masters.
Participants will learn:
- What is involved in a renovation from the idea to completion
- How to evaluate whether the existing structure is suitable for the renovation or should repair concerns be addressed first
- Return on Investment(ROI) versus project costs, time, frustration and inconvenience
- Legal concerns of signing a contract and assuming the unknown responsibilities
- What the requirements are for building permits, municipal by-laws and inspections
- Preliminary meetings with clients –addressing issues based upon your observations of the property(curling shingles, crooked floors, condensation on windows, smell of mold, water marks on the ceilings, fluctuating room temperatures , cracked foundations and front steps, squeaky floors or bouncy steps and the impact of soil conditions)
- How your observations will impact the potential renovation
- How leaving issues uncorrected can actually devalue a property
- When to hire a home or building envelope specialist, architect, engineer or other professionals for the job?
- What professionals to hire and why
- How to determine if the budget is realistic for the completion of the job
- How to structure payments to project managers, contractors, trades and suppliers
- The difference between short and long contracts
- How to identify what documents are included in the short and long reno contracts
- The renovation process triangle and how every change in the process affects the completion time
- What the role and value is of each trade-person in the reno
- What is included in the project manual
- How the contractor “hands-off” the completed project to you or the homeowner
FOR MORE DETAILED RRPM INFORMATION
DATE: Tuesday August 22 and Wednesday August 23, 2017
TIME: 3:00pm-6:00pm EDT
FEE: RESA $474 Non-Member $499
NOTE: Please log into RESA, visit MORA (on the menu, after you log in), scroll to Membership Discounts and Resources, then click on RESA Exclusive Deals. You will find a coupon code for $25.00 off of this product.